Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre
Opening Hours: 6:30am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday
Address: 12 Happy Valley Drive, Happy Valley SA 5159
Phone: 08 8321 9400
Capacity: 100 children
Director: Darlene Woodhall
Assistant Director: Jamie-Lee Tuff
- Purpose built centre
- 6 Rooms – Birth to School Age
- Great outdoor areas with sandpits and shade
- Developmentally age appropriate curriculum incorporating the Early Years Learning Framework
- Security system to access the centre
- Sun Smart Centre
- Nutritious snacks & Meals Cooked on Site using “Nutrition Australia Guidelines”
- Nappies, Linen, Sunscreen and hats provided
- Experienced, qualified team of professional educators
- Reduced rate for armed forces
- A kindergarten program run by an Early Childhood Teacher
- Networks with local kindergarten
- Vegie PatchesDiscounted Public Holiday Rate applies
Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre provides an emergent, child-based curriculum, based on the Early Years Learning Framework in a friendly, caring environment, where child initiated experiences and interests are supported and recognised by a team of experienced educators.
Healthy food is enjoyed daily by the children. Our menu is simple yet varied encouraging the discovery of different tastes and textures, which we continuously add new and interesting recipes reflecting the seasons, our garden produce and community events.
Our gardens include a tepee healthy snack garden, fruit trees as well as no-dig vegetable gardens, indigenous gardens and flower gardens which all children can develop a passion to learn to grow and care for plants.
Recycling is an embedded practice with composting part of our daily routine. Children also have the opportunity to learn how to care for worms, our environment, creating sustainability for the future.
Inside our centre is extremely inviting, brimming with loads of resources in all 6 rooms, including a large foyer area where we host and invite families to participate in centre celebrations and workshops.
Meet the centre director
My name is Darlene Woodhall, I am the Centre Director (Nominated Supervisor) at Stepping Stone Happy Valley.
My passion lies in the opportunity to provide Quality childcare through inclusive, child initiated programs, encouraging healthy life choices and positive outcomes for children and families.
I have 3 beautiful teenage children and 2 ginger cats. I have lived and worked in the Southern Suburbs most of my life and I look forward to welcoming you to our centre.