Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre
Opening Hours: 6:30am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday
Address: 12 Happy Valley Drive, Happy Valley SA 5159
Phone: 08 8321 9400
Capacity: 100 children
Centre Director: Janet Barratt
Assistant Director: Maddison Armour
- Purpose built facilities
- 6 Rooms – Birth to School age
- Outdoor play spaces offering different environments, sandpits and shade that allows children to play and explore
- Developmentally age appropriate curriculum incorporating the Early Years Learning Framework
- Security system to access the building
- Sun Smart Centre
- Nutritious meals cooked on site using the Nutrition Australia Guidelines
- Nappies, linen, hats and sunscreen provided
- Experienced, friendly, qualified team of professional educators
- Storypark app used as an online interactive communication platform
- Kindergarten program run by an Early Childhood Teacher
- Networks with local kindergarten
- Reduced holiday rates
- Reduced rate for Armed Forces
Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre provides an emergent, child-based curriculum, based on the Early Years Learning Framework. Our Centre is a friendly, caring environment, where child initiated experiences and interests are supported and recognised by a team of experienced educators.
Healthy food is enjoyed daily by the children. Our menu is simple yet varied encouraging the discovery of different tastes and textures, which we continuously add new and interesting recipes reflecting the seasons, our garden produce and community events.
Our gardens include a tepee healthy snack garden, fruit trees, a no-dig vegetable patch, indigenous plants and flowers where children can develop a passion growing and caring for plants.
Recycling is an embedded practice with composting part of our daily routine. Children learn how to care for worms, our environment, creating sustainability for the future.
Inside our centre is extremely inviting, brimming with loads of resources in all six rooms, including a large foyer area where we host and invite families to participate in centre celebrations and workshops.
Meet the Centre Director
Hello my name is Janet Barratt and I am the Centre Director here at Stepping Stone Happy Valley. I am married and we have an amazing family including grandchildren which we thoroughly enjoy spending time with.
I started in the child care industry when I was 17 and went into the child care field because I liked the idea of caring for and educating individuals. Children’s minds are like sponges- they absorb lots of information from a very young age. I have been in the child care industry for over 35 years and throughout my years I have had the pleasure of being part of many families lives through educating their children.
I am passionate about educating young children and this is a great opportunity for me to continue my journey of providing a calm, safe, secure, and educational environment for each child to develop at their own pace, and to work with families and my team to provide the best possible care for each individual child.
I look forward to meeting you and showing you through our remarkable Centre.