Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre
Opening Hours: 6:30am – 6:30pm Monday to Friday
Address: 12 Happy Valley Drive, Happy Valley SA 5159
Phone: 08 8321 9400
Capacity: 100 children
Centre Director: Kate Watson
Assistant Director: Wendy Smith
- Purpose built facilities
- 6 Rooms – Birth to School age
- Outdoor play spaces offering different environments, sandpits and shade that allows children to play and explore
- Developmentally age appropriate curriculum incorporating the Early Years Learning Framework
- Security system to access the building
- Sun Smart Centre
- Nutritious meals cooked on site using the Nutrition Australia Guidelines
- Nappies, linen, hats and sunscreen provided
- Experienced, friendly, qualified team of professional educators
- Storypark app used as an online interactive communication platform
- Kindergarten program run by an Early Childhood Teacher
- Networks with local kindergarten
- Reduced holiday rates
- Reduced rate for Armed Forces
Stepping Stone Happy Valley Childcare & Early Development Centre provides an emergent, child-based curriculum, based on the Early Years Learning Framework. Our Centre is a friendly, caring environment, where child initiated experiences and interests are supported and recognised by a team of experienced educators.
Healthy food is enjoyed daily by the children. Our menu is simple yet varied encouraging the discovery of different tastes and textures, which we continuously add new and interesting recipes reflecting the seasons, our garden produce and community events.
Our gardens include a tepee healthy snack garden, fruit trees, a no-dig vegetable patch, indigenous plants and flowers where children can develop a passion growing and caring for plants.
Recycling is an embedded practice with composting part of our daily routine. Children learn how to care for worms, our environment, creating sustainability for the future.
Inside our centre is extremely inviting, brimming with loads of resources in all six rooms, including a large foyer area where we host and invite families to participate in centre celebrations and workshops.