As ANZAC Day approaches, our centres will be commemorating this anniversary in their own unique way to educate the children about the importance and meaning of this day, while honouring the brave men and women who sacrificed for our country.
Our Munno Para centre has kindly shared their recipe for the traditional ANZAC biscuits that they will be baking at their centre to honour ANZAC Day.
1 cup each of plain flour, sugar, rolled oats and coconut 125g butter
1 Tbs golden syrup
2 Tbs boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Melt together butter and golden syrup.
- Combine water and bicarb soda, and add to butter mixture.
- Mix butter mixture and dry ingredients.
- Drop teaspoons of mixture onto a greased biscuit tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!